First departures
Plenty of nests and eggs
First Eggs and Cuckoo back
Coming Back
Edward, buntings, bats & frogspawn at last.

Honey and Apples

Autumn has come in with many bounties, our first honey has been extracted and we have in the region of 40lbs of beautiful clear honey which tastes superb, not that we are bias ! The wax cappings, the off cuts from the frames Chris has turned into bees wax and is now being made into lip balm and soap. It  one of lifes wonder how the bees produce their honey, and it is not too difficult to accept they wish to protect it so bravely. It has resulted in several stings and I have learnt the folly of nipping up to the hive to do a quick job, and been surprised to learn that the protective clothing, well at least the gloves, do not give full protection from the bee stings.
Butterflies have shown up at last in large numbers the normal red admirals, peacocks and tortoisehell butterflies, no painted ladies this year, but I have seen common blues, not so common for me.
The rowan and hawthorn are as laden with fruit as I have ever seen, but our sloe bushes are lacking totally, so no wine or gin this year I fear.
The apples are larger and more plentiful than normal, probably due to the wet winter, and a lack of wasps have left they unharmed too.

11 Comments to Honey and Apples:

research essay on 07 December 2016 05:28
It is superb content I thought and even I was searching similar this subject articles for knowing about it. And I truly enjoyed to read plus collected a tremendous information about it.

https://www.bestessays-uk.org/ on 28 June 2018 06:43
Honey has been used for food and medicines for a long time. It can lower the blood pressure and cholesterol. The best part of it is we get to enjoy the sweetness of it with our food and beverages. We can also use honey to our skin and face, leaving it healthier and glowing. That is why we must take care of the bees that have been producing honey since ancient times, we can do it also considering that our technologies are advanced, but it will not be the same.

mariestea on 20 March 2017 21:10
Post quite acceptable . I stumbled aloft capital to your blog or account for your blog post to say that I accept I enjoyed absolutely just .

Mark on 20 March 2017 21:13
Really I love wine. Especially, on the occasion, I can't stay without a glass of wine. Do you love red wine? Thank you so much for this post.

dora on 08 June 2018 08:30
Good post!! After reading your blog post I am inspired with the writing and looking forward to write a blog on the same including my view points. I will share my writing content soon. Shop order forms

buy essays online uk on 08 June 2018 09:01
Honey has power in it that we also give the honey to new born baby that it is purified. To mix the honey with apples and also to mix in the banana that mixture will be full with energy of the human.

iqoption on 25 June 2018 12:30
The first phase the preparation should, theoretically, be uninfluenced by the intended intensity and duration of the sound which is subsequently produced. In fact, however, so quickly are the three phases accomplished that the pianist rarely has capacity to think, in performance, of each phase separately.

lin on 28 June 2018 05:29
nice

1xbet on 16 July 2018 20:26
On the off chance that the cash line peruses - 110, at that point you should think of the measure of cash you have chosen to wager, in addition to 10%.

unibet on 18 July 2018 14:22
Beyond any doubt it is essential to search out club with great quality rewards like join rewards and store rewards yet don't think little of the benefit of finding a decent gambling club and adhering to that clubhouse for some time.

unibet on 18 July 2018 14:25
Great gambling clubs are uncommon so discovering one is remunerate enough Article Search however.